Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Thing # 19 More Social Networking Sites

I sort of cheated with the badge above.  I did not know how to embed the it to my blog so instead I took a screenshot, uploaded it here, and linked it back to the appropriate page.  There is more than one solution to any given problem, right?

So Teacherpop is a social networking site (hosted by Ning) for current and future educators.  Although the site is neat in grouping together like-minded people (teachers), I do not see myself using it very much.  There is just so much else out there that I feel will be more helpful to me.  I will more likely turn to blogs and favorite websites for ideas and information when it comes to my classroom.  

In exploring other social networking sites, I found WhatsOnMyBookshelf.  If you like to read, you know that your bookshelves can fill up fast.  This site allows users to list their books for trade.  Books are valued on a points system based on current sale prices.  Once a barter has been made, users just have to cover shipping costs.      

No comments:

Post a Comment